Monday, December 15, 2008

If a Hawks Game Takes Place and No One is Around to See it, Does it Count?

So the Hawks were victorious tonight against the new-look Charlotte Bobcats, but yet again the game was not televised and the announced attendance only amounted to 12, 733. First of all, I wonder if really that many people were at this game. Second, I'll never know due to the fact the game was not on T.V.

In my winter sabbatical right now, which trust me is unbelievable, I wonder why is it that every Hawks game is still not broadcasted in the local area. Every Braves game is on T.V., every Falcons game which sells enough tickets is on, I'm not sure about the Thrashers, but seriously who really cares about that. How is it that a team that went to the playoffs last year, is off to a solid start this year and is trying to garner more attention around the city, fails to have their games broadcast. I am sick of planning my night around watching these games only to find that the game will not be on.

Fox Sports and Sports South, this has gotten ridiculous. Put the games on. All of them. I'll give you a break with the HD, but there is no reason for a HOME game to not be on TV. Put them on so those of us who can not make the game can watch it. Do it.

(Ok so I know more coaches got fired, Mo Cheeks and Reggie Theus, but my picture ran out of space so I can't add more people to it. When the next one gets fired I'll create a new picture.)

Also, HAWKS beat Bobcats 83 - 79

No comments: